Special Prayer Services
You will find here a diversity of liturgies so your assembly can worship God, our Creator, for the splendour of God's Creation. We share liturgies (outlines of services) for each of the Christian traditions. Do you have a liturgy on the theme of Creation to share with us ? Contact us.
Season of Creation
September 1st was proclaimed as a day of prayer for the environment by the late Ecumenical Patriarch Dimitrios I in 1989. The Orthodox church year starts that day with a commemoration of how God created the world. On October 4th, Roman Catholics and other churches from the Western traditions commemorate Saint Francis of Assisi. The World Council of Churches promotes the "Time for Creation" or "Season of Creation" each year since 2008.
We invite faith communities to organize ecumenical events during the "Season of Creation", from September 1st to October 4th: worship services with environmental themes, workshops, talks, activities for youth, etc.
- Resources from SesonOfCreation.org
- Resources from SeasonOfCreation.com
- Resources from the United Church of Canada
- Resources from the World Council of Churches
- Resources from Let All Creation Praise
- Resources from Seasons of the Spirit video
- Resources from Web of Creation
Environmental Stations of the Cross
by Rev. Holly Lyman Antolini
(many Christian Traditions)
- European Christian Environmental Network: All around Europe, Christians are writing liturgical material with a Creation theme. ECEN collects this great material.
- A Rocha : A Christian nature conservation group which provides excellent green liturgy resources as well informing individuals on environmental research.
(all movements and spiritualities)
- In the Steps of Saint Francis of Assisi , by Guardians of Creation, Roman Catholic.
(United Church, Anglicans, Lutherans, Presbyterians...)
- The Four Elements during Advent, by Dean Salter, United Church.
- Environmental Stations of the Cross , by Rev. Holly Lyman Antolini, Anglican Church.
- A Service Focused on Water, by Rev. Bethe Benjamin-Cameron, United Church.
- Earth Day in Celebration, by Kairos, protestant style.
- Earth Hour Service, by Kairos, protestant style.
- Power Down Liturgy, by Kairos, protestant style.
- Healing the Land, by A Rocha, anglican style.
- Jesus and the Earth, by A Rocha, anglican style.
- Season of Creation, series done by the United Church of Canada.
(Baptists, Evangelicals, Pentecostals, Quakers...)
- Coming Soon.
(Greek, Russian, of America, Ukrenian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Georgian...)
(Coptic, Syriac, Armenian, Maronites, Chaldeans...)
- Coming soon.