Missionnary Sisters of the Immaculate Conception
The General Directives (2015) of our community remind us that, «We show our gratitude to God for all he has given us by living justly before the Author of all we have received. Consequently, we are called to be responsible stewards of the world around us and to undertake concrete actions to care not only for human beings, but for all of creation as well.” Cf. E.G. No 215
This vision is concretely lived out by the fraternities of the Canadian “Mary Queen of the World” province. Our environmental programme grew out of opinion polls together with an assessment of our ecological footprint. The following actions were developed from this basis. They follow the three pillars classification of the Green Churches Network.
We commit ourselves to:
Expanding the areas of ecological Education and Spirituality
- Inviting occasional guest speakers to elaborate areas in which we are already involved or are considering entering into,
- Observing ecological events such as World Water Day (March 22), Earth Day (April 22), World Day of Prayer for Creation (September 1), Quebec Garbage Reduction Week (3rd week of October).
Carrying out the following Actions
- Reducing energy consumption in the areas of lighting, heating, appliance usage, etc.,
- Expanding the use of recycling bins for bottles, paper and cardboard, ink cartridges, batteries, soft drink tabs and twist ties,
- Printing on both sides of paper, encouraging the use of scrap paper,
- Avoiding over wrapping (purchases, packages, gifts),
- Promoting car sharing,
- Introducing composting where possible.
The evolution of our environmental policy is ongoing and open to suggestions and to sharing of actual experiences or future possibilities.
Contact Person: Sr. Pauline Boilard, m.i.c.
Tel: 438-383-8279 X253
Updated: September 1, 2016
The Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate ConceptionMary Queen of the World Province
140 Juge Desnoyers Place
Pont Viau, Laval, QC H7G 1A4